Griffith University has eight (8) $3,000 tuition scholarships. The scholarships are on offer to students from any African nation that are currently residing in Africa and are planning to commence their studies at Griffith University in January or July 2013. Applications will be assessed on academic merit, demonstrated leadership and personal character. Applications should be sent directly to Griffith International.
Eligibility Criteria: Scholarships will only be available to applicants who
1. are citizens of any African nation, and currently residing in Africa.
2. have applied to Griffith University and who satisfy all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous tertiary level studies, secondary school level studies and English language proficiency as per Griffith University's Admission Policy for Undergraduate or Postgraduate (coursework) Programs
3. will be commencing (not existing) students at Griffith University;
4. are enrolling as a full-time student in an undergraduate degree program, OR a postgraduate degree program, OR a research/PhD program at Griffith University.
Scholarship Worth: The program value for $3,000 tuition scholarships.
How to Apply: To apply for this Scholarship, you have to Download the Application Form, fill it and send it by mail, fax, or post to the University.
For contact details, click here.
IMPORTANT: Students are only eligible to apply for these scholarships if they have already applied to study at Griffith University and received a letter of offer for their chosen subject.
Applicant selection will be based upon:
1. strong academic merit, a certified/attested true copy of supporting documentation must be submitted with application;
2. demonstrated leadership ability, applications should include at least one professional reference;
3. personal character, applications should include at least one reference;
4. Applicant's personal statement. The personal statement should include why the applicant has applied for the scholarship, the selected program of study at Griffith University, and other information they feel strengthens their application for the scholarship.
Note: all applicants must submit a Griffith University Scholarship Application Form.
Scholarship applications are reviewed by a Griffith University selection panel. The Pro Vice Chancellor (International) will approve scholarship recipients based on the recommendations of the selection panel.
All scholarship applicants will be advised, in writing, of the outcome of their scholarship application by the 21 December 2012.
Scholarship winners will have until Friday, 18 January 2013 to accept their scholarship. Scholarship offers not accepted by this date will be withdrawn by the University. Applicants should review the "conditions of award" before accepting their scholarship offer.
Conditions of Award
In order to receive and maintain the scholarship the following conditions apply:
(1) Successful awardees will not receive this scholarship until the second semester of their program. To ‘activate’ this award students must, in their first semester of study:
- Maintain a credit average (5.0 on a 7.0 grading scale).
- Have adhered to expected standards of behaviour both within and outside University grounds.
- Have contributed to Griffith University’s International students blog website
Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications close on 30 November, 2012 for students commencing in February 2013.
Enjoyed This Post? Please, Take 5 Sec To Share It With Your Friends. Sharing is Caring!