With this initiative in mind, the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC offers Masters and PhD Scholarships for Nigerian Students from the Niger Delta to study abroad in 2013.
Fields of Study: The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Computer Science/Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Graduate Pilot Training
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship, applicant must:
- Be an indegene of one of the Niger Delta states in Nigeria which includes: Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross River State, Delta State, Edo State and Rivers State.
- Have a First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Have Gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a recognized foreign University Abroad.
- Possess a bond of good conduct from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler.
- High Court Judge
Note: Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
Scholarship Worth: This scholarship is a Full - fee scholarship.
How to Apply: Application must be made On-line at the Commission’s website: (www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website.
Select Your Preferred Program from the Links Below to the appropriate application form:
Masters Degree – http://forms.nddc.gov.ng/view.php?id=37
PhD Programme – http://forms.nddc.gov.ng/view.php?id=38
Scholarship Application Deadline: All completed applications must be submitted on or before 31st December, 2012.
Note: Applicants who might have admission challenges should contact:
Director, Education Health and Social Services (NDDC)
Please Obtain A Letter Of Recommendation From A Guarantor.
Enjoyed This Post? Please, Take 5 Sec To Share It With Your Friends. Sharing is Caring!